Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Pastel Coloured World According To Georgina Kreutzer ...


jared leto

Source: Facebook



Words by Michelle Cha


GEORGINA Kreutzer is talented, motivated, ambitious, and just gorgeous. Her illustrations have been promoted by celebs like Jared Leto and Gigi Hadid (just to name a few). Georgina’s success is from her drive for her art; her imagination and skills are in perfect partnership to create such beautiful images. The soft hues of pastel colours and amazing detail work leaves the viewer with goosebumps of how life like the drawings are. I was lucky to fire some questions to Georgina, and I loved the passion and enthusiasm in her responses!


MM: I have seen that you got some great coverage and recognition by Jared Leto from Thirty Seconds To Mars, congratulations!


GK: Thank you so much! It felt surreal to get that kind of recognition by such a big name in the music industry!


If you had to pick, what is your favourite drawing that you have done and why?


Favourite artwork I have done is by no means a recent one – it’s probably this small acrylic and impasto texture painting I did back when I was sixteen. The piece reflected a fusion of my creative influences and personal experiences, being based on a photograph I took of the little chairs my brother, sister and I used as kids that had been left in our old farmhouse stable for years. There’s a lot of intrinsic, sentimental attachment to that piece. I actually painted it a second time as I wanted to exhibit it in a gallery, who then wanted to sell it on commission. The former mayor of Byron Bay has it hanging in her house now.


Do you have any rituals before you start on an illustration?


There is certainly a ritual before I start work, usually consisting of making a herbal tea and looking over the work of some of my influences (Caravaggio, the early Impressionists, and some more contemporary artists like Bec Winnel, Redd Walitzki, N.C. Winters, to name a really select few). I start every day with an early morning run, too! My mind’s at its best when I’m feeling fit and energised. From there it all depends on the subject of the artwork, and whether I’m drawing from a real life reference, existing photo shoot, an image I’ve photoshopped up in advance, or from imagination. Usually it’s a mix.


What have you got planned for the future with your tremendous talent?


That’s a huge question as I have so many plans! I’m in between a bachelor and master of Architecture, I currently balance a full time job in an architecture firm, and part time job on weekends, in conjunction with keeping up with print sales and art commissions. I’m always moving and I love it. Whatever I do in the creative industry I hope to inspire others and create things that wow people – so far meeting brilliant people and travelling has come from it! Getting recognition from some big names in fashion, music, and culture has been a real motivator. Currently writing this on a plane to New York; the States are one of my favourite places to travel, especially in regards to art and architecture. Early next month have plans to meet the owner and his wife of Australian art material company, Micador, at an art party NYC. Because I consider my goals to be a race with an ever shifting finish line, I constantly remind myself to enjoy the now.


gigi

Source: facebook



Could you describe the process and how long a typical illustration takes?


My process is forever changing as I try out new mediums and develop existing techniques (as I’m sure could be said for most artists). I’m forever attempting to show colour and light in expressive and intriguing ways, usually applied to portraiture and natural objects like seashells, raw and cut gems, sometimes in conjunction with objects from high fashion brands. When I go for portraiture, I try to achieve a strong yet ethereal edge, usually getting inspiration from bold fashion shoots and converging them with the softer materials I use. Right now I favour pastels and pencils on toned paper, usually starting out blocking highlights and base colours with pastel, then building layers and layer of pencil colour and detail over the top. It can take anywhere between a few hours, to a few sittings over several days, depending on the piece.


Is there any other kind of art forms or mediums that you hope to experiment with?


Ha, definitely! I can’t wait to live in an apartment that’s not all white and carpeted because I want to use oil paints so bad! I’m moving to Sydney early next year so if I get a tiled studio I’ll get back into developing my painting for sure.


crown

Source: facebook



Thank you for the chance to interview you!


Thank you!


For more information on Georgina’s work visit her website, Facebook, Instagram, or to purchase originals visit her Studio Shop.


Tags: Art, artist, Featured, Georgina Kreutzer, Gigi Hadid, illustration, Interview, Jared Leto, Michelle Cha, MOUSTACHE, Moustache Magazine


Category: ART, FEATURED, Uncategorized




Source:


http://ift.tt/1vSkxIA






The Late News from http://ift.tt/1lMSeED